You are here

BCR Levels

Categories:

Hello All,

I hope everyone is safe and doing fine in this pandemic times.

I was detected with CML in September 2018 and have been on Imatinib 400mg. Below are my BCR Levels

From September 2018 to September 2019 decreasing from 46.67 to 0.16

March 2020 - not Detected

September 2020 - 0.11

December 2020 - not Detected

May 2021 - 0.068

Next test is in September again.

Right now doctor has said nothing to worry until we get the September reports. I was infected with Covid-19 in March 2021 and was told to stop Imatinib for 15 days due to very low WBC levels (3k).

I am bit worried base on above readings. Please can anyone guide me based on these readings.

Thank you everyone for support and responses in advance.

Hi,

looking at your PCR results, I can't see why you are overly worried. Your last two results are both very low - undetected and 0.068. Is your worry because you have had two results that are undetectable, to that is what you expect? PCR testing is extremely sensitive and depending on the sample and the amount of 'housekeeping' gene in any given sample (which can vary) the result may differ. But, your results are very good- even when they detect small amounts of Bcr/Abl1 transcripts.

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

Thanks for the response. It's a relief to read your response and your guidance on that.

Yes, you are right.. I was expecting 2 continuous reports to have not detected, but that has not happened till now, making me worried.

Thanks again.

while it sucks not seeing that magical (and for some of us mythical) NOT DETECTED - your numbers are great and you are kicking CMLs ass.  Rest easy.