You are here

bosutinib

anyone taking bosutinib i have been taking it since december 2021

Hello

Yes I have been taking it for approx 4 years now. How are you finding it?

Diane

OK but the nausea and mainly the runs bad other wise good

Yes I completely understand especially about the diarrhoea.

I found the nausea seemed to come and go in waves at first but I very rarely suffer with it now.

I think I will always suffer with occasional bouts of diarrhoea, I have to be careful what I eat, I limit the amount of fruit and anything acidic because that really upsets my system. It was just a case of trial and error really for me. 

We’re you on another tki before bosutinib?

Just out of interest have you noticed much hair thinning too?

I'd sat my hair is thinning near my fringe
Yes I'm careful what I eat
I was on 19 yrs ago at first gleevec
Then dastanib then nilotinib
Nilotinib was great it worked MMR but unfortunately I had 2 strokes

Been taking bosutinib since December I'm back in MMR
My bcr=abl is good
I was not on any meds from March till December last year

I am so sorry to hear about your strokes and I hope you have recovered well from them. I was also on Nilotinib to begin with but had to stop because my platelet count was continually very low. 

take care and stay safe

Diane

Hi.. Yes been on it for about a year now.. started on 500g a day and still on it, moved from Imatinib as that was going nowhere fast. The trots in the first few weeks were entertaining but now I may only have an episode every 3-4 weeks, and that may be because of diet, but havent ever been able to track it down to eating a certain thing. Anyway BCR has been slowly coming down although not in remission yet.. but feel well in myself and quite happy on it.. Did try Dasatinib for a while before Bosutinib but felt truly awful on that and quite quickly developed fluid on my lungs.. so soon came off that. Hope you are well.. 

I was eased into Bosulif after rejecting sprycel.  100mg….209mg….300mg 2 week between each increase . I responded to the 300mg so well they never went to 400mg.  I never had the nausea or diarrhea. This was done at MD Anderson.   

My hair was thinning till I started minoxidil 5%.  Post menopausal women can use the 5%. I also went to a sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner. I use the L’oreal because it’s easy to find and not expensive. Most shampoos & conditioners have silicone to make hair shiny but it does cause hair loss too. My hair thickened back up. The hair loss slowed down very fast then back to where it was before. Made a huge difference for me. The minoxidil runs about $30 for 6 months.

My hair was thinning till I started minoxidil 5%.  Post menopausal women can use the 5%. I also went to a sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner. I use the L’oreal because it’s easy to find and not expensive. Most shampoos & conditioners have silicone to make hair shiny but it does cause hair loss too. My hair thickened back up. The hair loss slowed down very fast then back to where it was before. Made a huge difference for me. The minoxidil runs about $30 for 6 months.

Thread continued from: 
stroke and nilotinib